Berichten vanuit Eurolab april 2020Publicatiedatum: 08 apr, 2020
• June 9th 2020 marks IAF and ILAC’s World Accreditation Day (#WAD2020), which will be focused for this year on how accreditation improves food safety. Materials for use are available from the ILAC website and the IAF website, where a joint statement, a poster and a brochure are also available. In addition, a video to further support WAD2020 has been released.
All the members are invited to add their logo to the materials and to translate both the poster and the brochure using the templates available in the members area of the websites. The text of the video is also available for translation: members who want to do so are advised to complete the attached table to allow these subtitles to be loaded onto the video and return the completed table to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• IAF is conducting a comment period for proposed changes to IAF PL3 on Policies and Procedures on the IAF MLA structure and expanding its scope. The attached zip files contain all the relevant documents, including a template for comments. Please submit your comments to the EUROLAB Secretariat, if any, on the template provided by Tuesday, April 28.
• The final report on the Joint IAF/ILAC 2018 re-evaluation of the European cooperation for Accreditation (EA) has now been completed.
• Two new questions (#13 and #14) have been added to the list of COVID-19 FAQs available at https://iaffaq.com/. A hub has been created on the IAF website for all COVID-19 related information (see box to the left of Latest News on the IAF homepage). Make sure you visit the site on a regular basis as questions and answers may be uploaded at any time.
• CASCO has circulated a notice indicating that the ISO Technical Management Board, TMB, has issued resolutions to support the continuation of technical work during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please let us know if you would like a copy of the resolutions.
• The first TICC Webinar “Impact of COVID-19 Crisis on the TIC Sector – OC&C perspectives on short term impact and potential opportunities” will take place on Tuesday, 14 April 2020 from 15:00 to 16:00 CET. The webinar is organized jointly with OC&C Strategy (an international consulting firm that advises top management of large organizations in developing sustainable strategies) who will share their perspectives on the short term impact of the COVID-19 Crisis on the TIC sector and the potential opportunities to emerge in the aftermath of the crisis.
For registration, please click on the following link: https://tic-council.events.idloom.com/covid-19-and-tic-sector
• A2LA WorkPlace Training is hosting a webinar on April 16th,aimed at laboratory professionals, on the best strategies to remain productive and continue building skills while practicing social distancing, with an added focus on A2LA WPT’s suite of online services. For registrations, follow this link.